Motorway Driving Lessons – Post-test Driving LessonsAlthough motorways continue to be one amongst the safest roads, due to the speeds involved the volume of traffic when there is a collision the results can be devastating. Furthermore tailbacks occur, not just on the motorway but also other roads.
About the Motorway Driving CourseAt First Drive we offer an intensive 3-4 hour program that is specifically targeted at motorway driving and driver safety, and not just for young drivers. In fact, any age group or level of driving experience is welcome on board, as very few drivers have complete knowledge about motorway driving.
Motorways can be daunting for new drivers and with our help newly passed drivers become even safer drivers.
Our lessons will cover the following;
- - Planning Journeys in advance
- - Joining and leaving motorways
- - Safe speeds in different circumstances
- - Effective observations (use of all mirrors, blind spots, scanning the near, middle and far distance
- - Signs, signals and road markings
- - Overtaking and lane discipline
- - Courtesy to other road users
- - Motorway fatigue
- - Vehicle breakdown procedures
- - Use of lights including hazard warning lights
- - Debris on the carriageway
- - Cross Winds
- - Variable speed limits
- - Overtaking
- - Effective lane changing and lane discipline procedures
- - Dealing safely with road works
- - Entering and leaving service stations
You’ll be surprised how many people take motorway lessons; from new drivers to experienced drivers we can really help make the difference between a stressful and an easy journey.